Join Our Team!
Turkey River Farm Production Assistant
Turkey River Farm is a small farm with a focus on producing food for Clayton County through sustainable farming practices. Our farm is looking for a hard working, attentive production assistant with a positive attitude to join us on a part-time basis during the 2021 growing season.
- 10-20 hours/week commitment; schedule is flexible. Season begins in May and runs through August, with the possibility for additional hours through October and occasional work days in April.
- Assist the vegetable production manager with all areas of of production, including but not limited to the following: seed starting in the greenhouse, watering, transplanting, direct seeding, thinning, hoeing, weeding, bed preparation, trellising, irrigation, harvest, post-harvest handling, sanitation/cleaning of harvest tools, etc.
- Most work will be side-by-side with Turkey River Farmers, but may occasionally be self-directed work once the production assistant has learned the task and feels confident performing the task alone.
- This job is physical in nature and requires working in hot and cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand, squat, and bend at the waist repeatedly and for long periods of time.
- This job may require operation of small farm machines (ie. weed whacker, mower, pressure washer, walk-behind tractor) and must comply with all safety training and precautions. This includes using recommended personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to lift more than 50lbs.
- Adhere to social distancing and masking guidelines as well as other preventative and sanitation measures for COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Wage commensurate with experience, starting at $8.25/hour
- A flexible schedule: we’d like to schedule you for two or three days per week. We can work around your schedule and obligations and may be able to shift scheduling if needed, especially in the beginning and end of the season. Work time will be split between Turkey River Farms greenhouse, farm, and high tunnel locations.
- Your pick of fresh vegetables plus discount on other Turkey River Farm products.
- Learning opportunity: Turkey River Farm is entering its sixth year of production and the vegetable production manager has 15 years of vegetable production experience in organic and sustainable farm systems across the county. If you are curious or passionate about plants, greenhouse growing, food systems, cooking, farm-to-school, nutrition education or other farm-related subjects, food justice, then you’ll fit right in with Turkey River Farm’s community of farmers, volunteers, and supportive customers.
To apply please send resume to email@example.com. Please apply by March 15th.